why can't I edit the page despite the fact that I have the rights to edit and I am authorized?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2022

Are you sure you have edit permissions? How have you confirmed this? Can you discuss with the owner of the page?

by the way, we cannot access your page within the community. Clicking on external links is generally a bad idea too.

Yes, my account is on the list of those with editing permissions. After talking with the owner of the page, we came to the conclusion that this was a technical error.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2022

What kind of technical error? Did you resolve it?

There is no "edit" button.
Some pages have this button. No I didn't solve this problem

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2022

Can you see the edit button on other pages? What about other pages in the same Space? Can you share the screenshot of the permissions for the page you cannot edit? This will need to be provided by the owner of course.

on other pages from space there is no "edit" buttonimage.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2022

Thanks,  what I find interesting is the blue error text box that indicates you're not allowed to change these restrictions. It would be interesting to see the Space restrictions and see if the owner can change to ensure you have edit permissions on the Space as well as page. Next I would try to create and publish another page in the space.

I spoke to the owner of the space and he added me to the administrators of the space. Then in the settings (Space Tools -> Permissions), the owner of the space issued for editing. This solved the problem. Many thanks!

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events