Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which DB

Sambi Kolagotla December 17, 2014

since we are having all sorts of DB issues for any small upgrade, we would like to migrate our DB from SQL server, we have choice of MySQL and Oracle from RDMS, and choice of Mongo and Cassandra for NoSQL choices, which one is most suited for confluence size of our volume.

our current DB size is about 300 GB without attachments and our attachments on local storage are about 700 GB

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2014

Forget Mongo and Cassandra, they're not supported.

MySQL and Oracle are supported, and the best answer I can give here is you should select the one that is best supported inside your organisation.

However, there's a big red flag here.  A 300Gb database for Confluence is very very large - that suggests large numbers of users, millions of pages, and you've been using it for many years.  At this sort of scale, you probably should be looking at Data Centre installations.

Sambi Kolagotla December 17, 2014

we are looking into datacenter version as well, however before we take that big step further, we wanted a good DB that can deal our volume, MySQL and Oracle are equally supported in our enterprise.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2014

I'm afraid I'd toss a coin then. MySQL is obviously cheaper, but you'll be able to get support direct from Oracle if you have any issues with it. Oracle may also have functions that are better for supporting a large enterprise, but frankly, I'd talk to your DBAs about it. One of our clients is moving from MySQL to Oracle because of some of the features they could take advantage of in their setup, but a lot of it went over my head, as I'm not a DBA. Personally, I'd go with MySQL, but that is purely because I know it better than Oracle.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events