where is the task checkbox option for Confluence?

mattdawson1 March 7, 2018

I use Confluence task checkboxes daily in blog posts. I'm creating a blog post. Does anyone know where the option has gone?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
mattdawson1 March 9, 2018

Known issue apparently: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-editing-improvements-945107733.html .

Opened JST-374609  Support answer "...We are aware that some previous functions are missing at this moment -, such as the Tasks feature...consider using the editor available for your Pages to add tasks..." 

Looking for an ETA

mattdawson1 March 12, 2018

Confluence Support has no ETA for fixing this. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed with no ETA at all. I rely on this daily & have requested an escalation. If anyone else needs this feature, please reach out & let Confluence Support know so we can get it back :( 

mattdawson1 March 13, 2018

FYI - Support enabled legacy blog posts for my company until tasks are reenabled in the new editor. They rock! From extremely dissatisfied to extremely satisfied! :)

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2018

Thanks for letting the Community know that legacy blog posts is an option when you contact Support. Very happy to hear you are satisfied!

2 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

Right up at the top, are you on the new interface? 

2018-03-07_9-59-09.png

That's the old Confluence view. I've been forced into the new Confluence view:Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 10.03.45 AM.png

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

This is the new Confluence. 

**EDIT** you did attach, looking now. 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2018

I'm on the new version as well, but my bar looks different than yours. I'm on cloud at the moment, and am seeing the same as Ann. 

ty :)

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2018

Hi Matt,

If you are using Confluence Cloud, in edit mode it's the icon next to the numbered list:

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 11.57.24 AM.pngIf you are using Confluence Server, it's the same icon.

The keyboard shortcut [] also adds a task.

Cheers,

Ann

Thanks, that's the old Confluence view. I've been forced into a new Confluence view that doesn't include the task option.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
March 7, 2018

Interesting - my screen shot was from Confluence Cloud, all the instances should be the same. Based on that, may I ask whether you are perhaps on a Server instance where a theme or other customization was applied?

Can you add a task by clicking the plus sign and choosing task list from the pulldown? Does [] work?

I don't have a task option - attached screenshot, "...view more" opens the macro popup & I can't find a task option there & [] doesn't do anything eitherScreen Shot 2018-03-07 at 1.11.11 PM.png

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
March 7, 2018

Please let me know what version of Confluence you are using. It looks like a customized editor - to compare your menu with what I see in both Cloud and Confluence 6.7.x - it's not recognizable as the same product.

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 3.54.53 PM.png

One way to disable the task list would be to disable the related plugin. Please check this at Confluence Admin>Manage Add-ons>All-add-ons:

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 3.53.10 PM.png

Lol, omg I'm losing my mind here. I'm on a Mac, updated to the latest Chrome, logged out of Confluence, closed all Chrome browsers/closed Chrome, shut down my laptop, logged back into: laptop, Chrome & Confluence: now I see both the old edit options & the new edit options in same Chrome window with 2 different tabs open, 1 to another blog post in edit mode & the other to the blog post that's driving me crazy in edit mode...

Confluence info:

Atlassian Confluence Cloud and Confluence Cloud Plugins

Confluence Logo

License Information for Confluence Cloud

Confluence 1000.0.0-d2898139759

Copyright © 2003 - 2017 Atlassian Corporation Pty Ltd.

The use of this product is subject to the terms of the Atlassian End User Agreement, unless otherwise specified therein.

This product includes software developed by the Apache Software Foundation.

This product includes software developed by Twitter, licensed under CC-BY 4.0

This product also includes the following libraries which are covered by the GNU LGPL license:

This product also includes code written by other third parties.

Additional details regarding these and other third party code included in this product, including applicable copyright, legal and licensing notices, are available in the "licenses" directory under the Confluence installation directory.

License Information for Confluence Cloud Plugins

Team Calendars 1000.0.49

Copyright © 2002 - 2013 Atlassian Corporation Pty Ltd.

The use of this plugin is subject to the terms of the Atlassian End User Agreement, unless other specified therein.

This plugin includes software developed by the Apache Software Foundation.

This plugin also includes code written by other third parties.

Additional details regarding these and other third party code included in this plugin, including applicable copyright, legal and licensing notices, are available in the "licenses" directory inside the plugin.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
March 9, 2018

Hi Matt,

I looked up your email address in our system and was not able to determine which Cloud instance you are using. Since you are using Confluence Cloud, you have the option of opening a support request at Contact support, by providing your Cloud URL. The Cloud support engineer can access your instance and examine the two blog posts to see why the menu options are so different.

Best,

Ann

Sweet, ty for the help Ann! U Rawk! Sorry about the duplicate posts... must have been granny clicking or some other PEBCAK error. Have a great weekend!

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
March 9, 2018

You too, Matt! Wishing you a rapid resolution to this issue.

Opened JST-374609  Support answer "...We are aware that some previous functions are missing at this moment -, such as the Tasksfeature...consider using the editor available for your Pages to add tasks..." 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
March 9, 2018

Matt, On my Cloud test instance, I tested a blog post as distinct from a regular page, and the task list was missing just as you described. I am glad we were able to find out that what we are seeing is expected behavior, but it was a bit of a surprise. I since found this, which the support engineer shared with you on the ticket but I wanted to share with the Community, too. Confluence Editing Improvements:

Some features are temporarily missing, but will be back soon! Check the list below....

Advanced tables (cell merging, cell background colors)
Macros in the insert menu
Find and replace
Change messages when publishing
Notify watchers
Add attachment from the page
Inline link browser
Inline macro browser
Internationalisation
Explicit image sizing

I think the feature we are missing is on the list as "Macros in the insert menu"

Let's hope "temporarily missing" means the features will return soon.

Thanks for bringing this to the forum so others can find it by searching rather than having to open a ticket like you did.

Thanks,

Ann

Np :) anyway you can delete some of my duplicate responses from our convo thread?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
March 9, 2018

I removed the posts that seemed to be duplicates. Have a great weekend if we don't chat again today. (and even if we do chat;))

Nice, that looks good to me. You too!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events