where can I find 'backup and Restore' of confluence on cloud?

xzhu April 18, 2019

I found the follow step to restore site:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf69/restoring-a-site-950285457.html

But I can't find the 'backup and Restore' button on cloud.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2019

Hi @xzhu ,

The backup manager lets you create a backup of all your Confluence Cloud data that you can then import into other Confluence sites.

Create a site backup

捕获.JPG

xzhu April 19, 2019

Hi Ollie Guan,

Thanks for the reply.But in the 'Backup Manager',I can't see the Choose File  function. In this page of backup manager, I can find 'Site import' link to 'import a confluence site' ,and everything end here with no import site function.

QQ20190419-222924@2x.pngThe context said that import confluence should use 'cloud migration assistant for confluence',but it is a add-on used for living confluence server.If I only have a backup zip package,how can I import a full site to the confluenct cloud?

xzhu April 21, 2019

BY checking the documents I found site backup can't restore environment include jira and confluence.

The problem is described as follows: 

1. The existing backup file is a full site automatic backup, including attachments 

2. The original site has been unable to start, cannot use cloud migration assistant for confluence, and cannot directly perform space-based backup. 

3. The current cloud to be restored has both Jira and confluence, and does not support confluence site level recovery. 

4. Can I restore to the Confluence cloud through a full backup of the confluence site?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2019

Hi @xzhu ,

I don't have two environments, cloud and server, to do this test. You can refer to 

Plan your Confluence Server to Cloud migration

Hope that he will help you.

BTW:

If you are a partner from China , pls add me Wechat (id: guanqun1982), the Chinese partner has a WeChat group of more than 500 people, we have also set up AUG and user conferences recently, expect more Chinese companions to join!

xzhu April 22, 2019

Hi Ollie Guan,

I had solve it by add a middle step.first I run a confluence only environment,then import full site into this confluence,and export every space on it.Finally, import each space to cloud.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events