what's wrong with my query?

Earl Joise Felipe August 17, 2023

project in (TCCCE, MCI, MPOW) AND issuekey not in childIssuesOf(TCCGRP-217) AND issuekey not in ChildIssuesOf(TCCGRP-237) AND issuekey not in ChildIssuesOf(TCCGRP-239) AND issuetype = capability ORDER BY key ASC

This doesnt seem to return any results when i use to search

2 answers

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2023

@Earl Joise Felipe 

If you run the original query would the result set return issues that would be part of the projects you added later on project in (TCCCE, MCI, MPOW)?

Cheers

Kurt

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2023

@Earl Joise Felipe 

first of all welcome to the Atlassian community.

Did you try to deconstruct your query and run them piece by piece to see which of the conditions might be not returning the results that you expect?

Is the relationship for example between TCCGRP-217 and it#s child something like Initiative -> Epic or is it more like links between issues?

Cheers

Kurt

Earl Joise Felipe August 20, 2023

Thanks for responding @Kurt Klinner
I am not trained with jql queries so i copied it from another query.. TCCGRP-217 is a capability and the childissuesare initiatives

it was originally this when i copied it which was returning results

issuekey not in childIssuesOf(TCCGRP-217) AND issuekey not in ChildIssuesOf(TCCGRP-237) AND issuekey not in ChildIssuesOf(TCCGRP-239) AND issuetype = capability ORDER BY key ASC

Then i added this query

project in (TCCCE, MCI, MPOW) as its returning all projects in the company and i only needed to see projects under these 3 boards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events