want to see all the files/images attached in confluene

Chetan October 14, 2020

hi there!

we use confluence cloud and we have been uploading tons of images (we create user guides) and files (word etc) across various confluence spaces. 

the problem that i am facing is that i want to view all the attachments and start deleting ones that are either no longer relevant or were uploaded in error. 

i see macros out there that help...but is there a function within confluence where i can just view all the files uploaded to a space or something similar!

any help much appreicated!

Thanks!

Chetan.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2020

Try Space -> Space Settings -> Content tools -> Attachments

There is no global cross-space way to do this though, I'm afraid you need to go one space at a time.  I think you might also need to be a Confluence admin to see it (Space admins don't get all the options Confluence admins see in Space Settings)

Chetan October 14, 2020

Thank you, @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

I followed your path and I am now able to view all attachments in one place.

I am not able to delete the redundant image from there. Its appears I need to go to that particular page and then delete the image separately. 

have you come across or know of a more easier way to delete attachment right from that page you mentioned?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2020

Yes, it is just an informational list, but at least you can identify and get to the attachments.  Confluence is not intended to be a document/file management system, it doesn't have a lot beyond the basic functions.

Like Chetan likes this
Chetan October 16, 2020

point taken. 

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2020

If you were on the server, you could see all the attachments under the space tools (if you have space admin permissions). I don't think Cloud has that?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events