view or edit pages when being offline

Paysafe Atlassian Support December 13, 2016

Is there a way to view confluence pages when being offline - e.g. when you are on a flight where no internet access is available.

Is  there a way to work offline with confluence or is there a plan to develop anything in that direction?

I have seen roadrunner plugin but actually all documentation seems to end up in dead links ;( so it is difficult to find out how that is really supposed to work.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

Confluence is an on-line collaboration tool, so it assumes "live" connection..

Exporting to a page(s) to Word or PDF or HTML gives you a snapshot at one point in time.  You then need to consider what you do with any changes when you next get back on line compared to what others may have done whilst you are off line, which may take more time to resolve than however long you were on the flight!

I have seen others ask the same question here and I vaguely recall one answer was to get your own instance of Confluence on your laptop as its own server.  Then when you export to HTML, you can import that into your own instance and use it that way with all the Confluence tools.  I can't vouch for that solution, but I can imagine it at least is easier to work with than in Word.  I'm not sure how licensing costs of the instance work for that????

1 vote
Renato December 13, 2016

You might want to try an HTML space export. You'll be able to view all sites within an exported space. The problem that I experienced myself is that it becomes quite frustrating when you start clicking on hyperlinks that are linked to a page in a different space. However, space exports might be a good solution if you wish to only navigate in a single space and you don't need to navigate back and forth between different spaces. 

0 votes
Paysafe Atlassian Support December 13, 2016

Thanks everyone!

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

The only way I know to view pages offline is to export them to PDF, which my boss does often.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events