unwanted content type with Live Search macro

EtienneD April 25, 2023

Hi,

I'm using the  Live Search macro on a space in which some pages have PDF files attached. 

When I type a search term in the  Live Search search bar, I obviously get the pages with that term but also, and that's unwanted, the pdf files with that term in their filenames.

How can I avoid those files to appear in the search results?

Thanks, 

Etienne 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
EtienneD April 25, 2023

just remarked that if I select 'page' in the custom content type in the search results page, it returns only pages and no attachment. 
But if I select 'page' in the Content type to include in search in the macro definition, I get the behavior described in my first question.

However I'd like that my results would not get polluted by those filenames, right when I click on the magnifying glass.

Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2023

Hey @EtienneD

Are you PDFs somewhere linked on your pages you try to search through?
If not I'd say this is a bug in the macro I'd expect that if you select the content type "page" that it would only search through it.

But if the PDF is linked on that page - it might be a wanted behaviour from how this macro was developed. I still wouldn't expect this to be happen, though.

In both cases I'd reach out to Atlassian Support and report this being an issue.

Cheers,
Steffen

EtienneD April 25, 2023

thanks @Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_ for your answer.

Well, the PDFs are attached to the pages so they are linked to those pages, indeed.To test a little bit deeper, I found some files referenced in the search results that do not have the searched term in their filename nor in their content.

The searched term is found  in the attached file although it does not appear anywhere in the page:

• not in the page's title
  • not in the page's content
  • not in the filename
  • just in file's content.

I understand that in some cases such a behavior can be wanted, but in my case it is not.

Should I consider this a bug ? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events