Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to connect to site using iframe in HTML macro

MikeA March 24, 2022

Hi everyone, I have a user wanting to embed a page from an external site into a Confluence page using the iframe tag.  However it's unable to load the page "getting refused to connect error"

I can successfully load an internal Confluence page using the iframe tag but nothing from an external site.

Could this be a firewall issue or is the site the user is trying to load is disabling iframes?

Here's the code used inside the HTML macro

<html>
<body>

<h1>CDI HUB Servers Page</h1>

<p><iframe src="https://internal.testqa.zbion.com/apps?server=CDI_HUB" height="500" width="500"></iframe></p> 

</body>
</html>

3 answers

0 votes
Michelle B April 15, 2024

This is a known bug - see here for the raised work item, please vote on it so they fix it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-73617

0 votes
Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 20, 2022

Hi @MikeA 

Also for that, you can try the iframe macro by Content Formatting Macros for Confluence.

There you can configure a view of the allowlist.

Let me know if you need any help, this app is developed by my team.

Thanks

Zoriana

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2022

Hi @MikeA ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

Yes, this can be due to firewall. Have you tried to add the URL to allow list and check? If not I would test that first.

Also, I would recommend you to go through this article and make sure you have all the required html macros enabled. 

I hope above information helps. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events