transfer data from confluence to sharepoint

Prerana.Junagade January 22, 2020

Hello ,

I need to transfer data from confluence to share point.Data includes everything from attachments to same folder structure.I read about some applications but they are expensive.is there any cheapest way to transfer data ?Thanks in Advance.

3 answers

0 votes
stefan_baader_cpp_canon January 5, 2024

I just tested WikiTraccs, the free trial version. I migrated two spaces, with 70 and with 100 pages. All pages were migrated to modern pages. Some macros are migrated. Not all. User Macros are not migrated. All not migrated macros are placeholders after the migration. The page tree navigation is also an issue. An additinal tool is needed to keep it. But this costs a monthly subscription of some hundred USD. 

0 votes
stefan_baader_cpp_canon January 5, 2022

We did not yet migrate to SharePoint. Too many issues and concerns.

stefan_baader_cpp_canon January 5, 2024

Still not migrated. We will test now another migration tool: WikiTraccs. A good sign: there is an add-on to keep the page tree after migration. The downside is: it costs a subscription. Some hundred USD per month, depending on the the user amount

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

Hello @Prerana.Junagade,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

If you don't want to use a migration service, which can be expensive, then you might be left with doing the migration manually. There are a few suggestions on the Reddit thread below:

I don't have too much experience migrating away from Confluence, but have a look there and see if that helps you.

Take care,

Shannon

Jim Pliss July 9, 2021

Unfortunately that discussion is more sharepoint bashing than real help.

Im currently researching this as we purchsed an on prem confluence solution a year ago and was notified 6 months later that the product will no longer be supported and we can even upgrade the licenses. We would have to migrate either to the cloud or the their on prem enterprise product both of which are quite expensive roughly 45K.

Sharepoint is is part of our O365 licensing and as such were already paying for that.

So for us the confluence to sharepoint migration makes sense.

Still searching for some migration best practices or recommendations.

Like Hank42 likes this
Hank42 October 10, 2021

Jim, I'm in the same boat. I tried migrating to Confluence Cloud, but I have too many plugins/apps that are not compatible with the cloud version.  So, if I am being evicted, I may as well go to the lower cost solution - in this case Sharepoint.  It's such a shame because not only will Atlassian lose my business, so will the third party developers in their ecosystem.

With that, have you had any success with your migration?

stefan_baader_cpp_canon November 5, 2021

Enterprise Bridge is one of the offered migration services. I already contacted them. It costs some Euro, true. And the migration might never be 100% perfect. There will be always the need to review the outcome and to optimize and edit pages. We are also looking for those options due to the price policy of Atlassian and the end of support of the less expensive server license. But we recognize that it is not as easy.

Mark Smith November 29, 2021

Stefan.  Have you done your migration yet?  I'm looking into migrating as well.  I'd be interested in the result of your migration.

Alex Samad YB December 29, 2021

Hi

I'm in the same situation. Would like to hear others input into this.

Also how are user coping with sharepoint versus confluence 

Deleted user January 4, 2022

Hello all,

I am intrested in this too. As we are also moving to o365 so need a cost effective way to move from confluence to SharePoint

Marco Friedmann January 5, 2022

@stefan_baader_cpp_canon do you know, if the sites in sharepoint will be classic or modern type?

Dominik Hermann October 14, 2022

Hey guys,

has anyone successfully migrated from Confluence Server to SharePoint Online and how much did it cost and what are your limitations in terms of SharePoint functionality now?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events