Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tooltip on Confluence page

Jyothi September 14, 2015

Hi, Can I include tooltips in my Confluence page, which would pop-up when I mouse -hover the text ? pls provide any detail that would be useful for me - on this front.

Thanks.

Jyothi

4 answers

2 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

Here is a user macro I created a while ago for this.

Macro Body Processing:
Rendered

Template: 

## Developed by: Davin Studer
## Date created: 04/30/2014

## @param Tip:title=Tool Tip|type=string|required=true|desc=What will be displayed when the cursor hovers over this area?

#set( $id = $action.dateFormatter.calendar.timeInMillis )
#set( $d = '$' )
#set( $p = '#' )
#requireResource("com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-experimental-tooltips")

<span id="content$id" title="$paramTip">$body</span>
<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.toInit(function(){
    AJS.${d}("${p}content$id").tooltip({gravity: 's'});
});
</script>
0 votes
Irina Sanikovich _StiltSoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 30, 2019

Hi Jyothi,

You can try the Handy Tip macro (one of the macros bundled in the Handy Macros app) to create tooltips using rich text.

0 votes
Michael Kalnicki _M20_ October 20, 2015

Hi Jyothi,

Another options is the free Tooltips add-on. It allows adding tooltips over any content without needing to use macros. Hope that helps!

-Mike

0 votes
Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2015

As administrator can add a user macro - see Charles Halls comment in this question: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DISC/Add+Tool+Tip+to+Normal+Text

## Macro title: My Macro
## Macro has a body: Y
## Body processing: Rendered
## Written by: Charles Hall
## Date installed: 
## Installed by: 

## @param tip:title=Tooltip text|type=string|required=true|default=Tooltip text|desc=Enter the text you want to appear as the tooltip
## @param bordercolour:title=Underline Colour|type=string|required=false|default=#336699|desc=Enter the hexadecimal colour code for the bottom border colour used for the dotted underline.

## Set default values
#if (!$paramtip)
  #set ($paramtip="Add Tooltip text here")
#end
#if (!$parambordercolour)
  #set ($parambordercolour="#336699")
#end

#set($tip=$paramtip)
#set($color=$parambordercolour)

<a style="text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; border-bottom-color:$color" title="$tip">$body</a>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events