toc macro says "No Macro Metadata" since upgrading to 5.3

When trying to add a toc macro via "Insert" -> "Table of Contents" or when trying to edit an existing toc macro I get the following error:

"No Macro Metadata

There is no metadata configured for this macro which means no configuration screen can be presented here.

If this is a user macro then you can add metadata to the template using the User Macro Administration console."

I have reinstalled the plugin and also removed the plugins-cache, plugins-osgi-cache, plugins-temp directories in confluence home but no luck.

3 answers

Hi,

Have you checked if the TOC is enabled?

- Confluence Admin > Manage Add-ons

- Under System plugins serach for Table of Content

You will then see if it is enabled or disabled. If disabled press Enable ;)

To check this plugin is working correctly, do the following;

1. Load the Administration dashboard (Browse > Confluence Admin)
  2. Load Manage my plugins (Configuration > Plugins > Manage my plugins)
  3. Under System plugins, click Show system plugins
  4. Search for Table of Contents Plugin, and click on the plugin name to expand the dialogue box.
  5. Ensure that the plugin is enabled (if enabled, the Disable button should be shown on the right of the box).
    1. If the button is showing Enable, press it to enable the plugin.
    2. Also check that next to Manage plugin modules, it shows that 6 of 6 modules enabled
  6. Also ensure that you are running the most current version of the plugin. You can automatically update the plugin to the latest version by pressing the Update button on the right hand side of the screen.

I've tried all suggestions to fix this problem with no success.

Now I fixed it by adding jaxrpc.jar from Axis project to /lib/ folder of Confluence.

I don't know why it helps but it removed the error "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/rpc/ServiceException" from logs and metadata has been returned.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,920 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you