the transformed-plugins folder grows heavily

Michael Regelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2011

Hello,

our EAR instance of confluence has the following folder that is 8.3Gb:

/confluence-data/plugins-osgi-cache/transformed-plugins

There is inside every version of plugins deployed on the server.

Can I delete the content of this folder, and reboot the server?

We dont connect to the Atlassian Plugin Exchange because of firewall and security reason.

Thanks for help.

Michael

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alain Moran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2011

You should be able to safely move all of the plugin cache folders out of the way, the plugins themselves are stored in the database & copied out to the filesystem on startup.

You may find that startup takes a little longer the first time around though ;)

0 votes
Michael Regelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2011

OK thanks. I will do that tonight...

sincerly,

Michael

0 votes
Michael Regelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2011

that sounds clever.

Do you mean renaming the "transformed-plugins" folder ?

Alain Moran
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2011

I would go with renaming the entire cache folder (eg: plugins-osgi-cache -> plugins-osgi-cache.bak)

Note: shut confluence down before you rename the folder, it should get recreated as it comes back up.

0 votes
Michael Regelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2011

Thanks Alain,

I will remove all the files then....

Michael

Alain Moran
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2011

Personally I would rename the folders, I only delete things when I've confirmed that it works as I expect it to ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events