ssl cert confluence update

Jesse Callejas March 10, 2016

I understand that when updating Confluence's SSL cert  I have to import the new SSL cert into Confluence's keystore, however what I don't know is: 

Do I have to import it using the original "Alias" used when creating for the first time its private key? and also:

Once the Importing is done, Is it necessary to restart Confluence?

Thank you in advance as any help for little that it might seem is welcome.

Cheers

Jesse

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

Fastest way to find the right keystore would be to look into your System Info for this property (sun.boot.class.path). Your keystore will be in that JRE/JDK.

And yes, you have to restart Confluence.

Jesse Callejas March 10, 2016

Thanks Timothy, I know where my keystore is as I just look into confluence's tomcat server.xml file and there is mentioned where the keystore is. What I am trying to find out is if this new SSL cert has to be imported using the same "Alias" as the one used when the private key (self-cert) and keystore were created.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2016

No. You don't need to have the same alias.

Jesse Callejas March 11, 2016

Thanks, I'm doing the updating now, I'll let you know on my results.

Jesse Callejas March 11, 2016

I did the installation my cert came in the form of a .pem file so I change it to format x509, then I was able to install it I restarted confluence and the lock sign on my browser still is crossed out and

looks like confluence is not seeing my new cert. What could be the problem?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events