ssl cert confluence update

I understand that when updating Confluence's SSL cert  I have to import the new SSL cert into Confluence's keystore, however what I don't know is: 

Do I have to import it using the original "Alias" used when creating for the first time its private key? and also:

Once the Importing is done, Is it necessary to restart Confluence?

Thank you in advance as any help for little that it might seem is welcome.

Cheers

Jesse

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy Chin Community Champion Mar 10, 2016

Fastest way to find the right keystore would be to look into your System Info for this property (sun.boot.class.path). Your keystore will be in that JRE/JDK.

And yes, you have to restart Confluence.

Thanks Timothy, I know where my keystore is as I just look into confluence's tomcat server.xml file and there is mentioned where the keystore is. What I am trying to find out is if this new SSL cert has to be imported using the same "Alias" as the one used when the private key (self-cert) and keystore were created.

Timothy Chin Community Champion Mar 11, 2016

No. You don't need to have the same alias.

Thanks, I'm doing the updating now, I'll let you know on my results.

I did the installation my cert came in the form of a .pem file so I change it to format x509, then I was able to install it I restarted confluence and the lock sign on my browser still is crossed out and

looks like confluence is not seeing my new cert. What could be the problem?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

979 views 14 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you