smart selection - how to enable it on whiteboards for confluence

KunalGhadge May 3, 2024

smart selection - how to enable it on whiteboards for confluence

1 answer

0 votes
Jerrold - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2024

Hi @KunalGhadge 

You should be able to locate the Smart Section action button in the bottom edit bar of your whiteboard. Could you please check once. Also, could you check if you have all the necessary permissions for editing. I have included a link for reference regarding creating a Smart Section.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/take-bulk-jira-actions-with-smart-sections/

34.PNG

Thank you.

KunalGhadge May 8, 2024

hi Jerrold, thanks for theScreenshot 2024-05-08 101604.png reply. I do see the option but when I clicked on it, it showed me below message. Any idea what to do? 

Jerrold - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2024

Hi @KunalGhadge 

Are you referring to the pop-up that you're encountering? You can simply close the pop-up; it will redirect you to learn more about smart sections. After closing the pop-up, you should be able to edit the smart section on the whiteboard without any difficulty.

Thank you.

KunalGhadge May 8, 2024

@Jerrold - Empyra you are correct. Nothing happens when I close the message. 

'Bulk edit Jira issues directly from a whiteboard. Try organizing Jira issues with smart sections by upgrading your plan.'

Jerrold - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2024

Thank you, please consider accepting the answer if it was helpful. This will make it easier for others facing similar issues to find a solution.

Thank you.

KunalGhadge May 8, 2024

Could you please help w next steps? Do you know who can help me resolve this issue? 

Jerrold - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2024

Hi @KunalGhadge 

Can you please explain what issue you are facing, below are the steps to create edit and delete the smart sections

Creating a smart section

1. Begin by clicking on the Create action button to access the configuration panel.

2. From the available options in the picker, choose a site, project, and issue type to configure an action, then proceed to fill in all the required fields.

3. Once done with filling in the details, click on Save.

4. You can now start dragging Jira issues into the section for real-time updates and observe these changes being reflected in Jira.

Editing a smart section

To make modifications or update an existing smart section:

1. Simply select the desired section.

2. Then click on ‘Edit action’.

3. Proceed to make any necessary changes to the fields as required.

4. Finally, click on Save.

Deleting a smart section

When you need to remove a smart section:

1. Start by selecting the specific section that needs deletion.

2. Press Delete / Backspace.

Please note that deleting a section will also result in its contents being deleted along with it. If you wish to delete only the empty sections without removing their contents;

1. Select everything within that particular empty area of interest.

2. Drag it over to another location on your whiteboard canvas.

3. Afterward, select this specific empty area again and press Delete / Backspace.

please explain  what the issue is I will see whether I can help. I thought you were able to create those smart sections. sorry for the misunderstanding 

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events