Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show a jira epic progress bar in Confluence?

Ashley Renlund August 3, 2020

I am putting together a status "hub" for a project.  We have diverse stakeholders, including many who have access to Confluence but don't work with Jira.

Is there a good way to show the progress on a particular epic within Confluence?  I need to include more information than the overall epic status of To Do, In Progress, and Done.  I'm thinking of the progress bar that shows on an epic in the Jira backlog or in the new issue view. 

In part, we've got a goodly number of epics, so I'm trying to figure out how to visualize concisely (and without much manual updating).

Oh, for context: I am a project-level admin in Jira and a space-level admin in Confluence.  We're using cloud versions of both, and my access to plugins is quite limited.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

2 answers

1 vote
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2020

Hi @Ashley Renlund ,

You can also try to use the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app. It works with the Jira Issues macro just fine and allows you to create visualized dashboards right in Confluence.

At first, you'll be able to filter the issues of the particular epic using JQL. Then you can use the Pivot Table macro to count the number of issues in different statuses and visualize each pivot with the help of the Chart from Table macro.

Note that you'll need to use the Table Toolbox macro to nest several macros as your hosting type is Cloud.

1 vote
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2020

Hello @Ashley Renlund !

As I understand, you need to display more detailed progress of your epics within Confluence.

Currently, there is no native macro that allows us to achieve this. The closes to it we have is the Jira Issues macro. Which, as you said, only displays the “final” status (Done, To Do, In Progress, etc.).  I was also unable to find something in our Marketplace that addresses this.

What we could try to do is include the actual Jira page in Confluence using the iFrame macro. Here is our documentation on this macro:

By using the Jira page URL, we can include the actual page that displays the progress bar directly in Confluence.

It is not ideal but will automatically update the progress whenever something happens to the issue.

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events