Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show Space Analytics only for readers, not contributors

EtienneD April 25, 2023

Hi,

I'd like to see the "real" readers count in the Space Analytics, not the creator nor the las updater. This is just because the last updater may have made a lot of changes on a page and therefore appear as the most active reader of the page!

A workaround could be found if I could the stats only for the 'readers' group and not for the 'writers' or 'space admins' group.

How could I achieve this?

Thanks,

Etienne 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mattia _bitvoodoo ag_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2023

Hello Etienne,

Are you using the built-in Analytics on the Data Center version to view the Space Analytics or a 3rd party app?
I think in the built-in version there is no possibility to make such a distinction or to exclude users from tracking. I would recommend you submit a feature request to Atlassian.

If you are using our Viewtracker app to analyze the activity of the Spaces, I have good news for you. On the Confluence on-premise version of the app, views from the same user who just edited and published the page are not counted. The blocking time, which is responsible for e.g. views from the same user after the page changes or within the same time period can be changed as needed. It also offers the option to exclude certain users from tracking altogether. More information about these settings or other functions you can find in the documentation.

Best regards,
Mattia

EtienneD April 27, 2023

thanks @Mattia _bitvoodoo ag_ 

Indeed I access the stats via  the built-in Analytics on the Data Center version to view the Space Analytics.

Your app seems to do the job, and more than expected. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Brest regards, 

Etienne 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events