Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup permission for accessing only one space

Andy Lang August 7, 2012

Hi,

How to setup permission to provide access to one space only ?

I created a separate group with sinlge user and turned on View access in Default Space Permissions.

In Manage Permissions for that space, I assigned permissions to this group.

User can login and work with space but also user can see the updates from other spaces.

Regards,

Viktor

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rp Subhub
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Remove user from confluence-users group (and all other groups that have view permissions on spaces), grant "can use" permission under Global Permissions. Don't know if this will do the trick for you but seems plausible.

Andy Lang August 7, 2012

I did this when created user. I think the problem with messages from user profiles. Thanks

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

You have to update the permissions on all the other spaces excluding the group or the user you mentioned. Sth. like this:

Space A-Y (view permission: group A (all users except USER X))
Space Z: (view permission: group B (all users))

Basically you have to check every single space:-) (if you used the default permissions e.g. "all users can view the space")

Cheers Christian

Andy Lang August 7, 2012

Thanks Christian. It will work in your way. The other option would be to create new group which does not have view permission

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2012

No not really. Unless you ask your users to change the permissions of their personal spaces and restrict the viewing permission...

0 votes
Andy Lang August 7, 2012

I did not notice this before. User actually sees messages not related to spaces but the updates of other user profiles.

Is there any way to exclude profile messages i.e. message regarding a profile change or users statuses?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events