setup permission for accessing only one space

Hi,

How to setup permission to provide access to one space only ?

I created a separate group with sinlge user and turned on View access in Default Space Permissions.

In Manage Permissions for that space, I assigned permissions to this group.

User can login and work with space but also user can see the updates from other spaces.

Regards,

Viktor

4 answers

1 accepted

Remove user from confluence-users group (and all other groups that have view permissions on spaces), grant "can use" permission under Global Permissions. Don't know if this will do the trick for you but seems plausible.

I did this when created user. I think the problem with messages from user profiles. Thanks

You have to update the permissions on all the other spaces excluding the group or the user you mentioned. Sth. like this:

Space A-Y (view permission: group A (all users except USER X))
Space Z: (view permission: group B (all users))

Basically you have to check every single space:-) (if you used the default permissions e.g. "all users can view the space")

Cheers Christian

Thanks Christian. It will work in your way. The other option would be to create new group which does not have view permission

I did not notice this before. User actually sees messages not related to spaces but the updates of other user profiles.

Is there any way to exclude profile messages i.e. message regarding a profile change or users statuses?

No not really. Unless you ask your users to change the permissions of their personal spaces and restrict the viewing permission...

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

246 views 11 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you