sending emails to my confluence spaces

Steve Hastings August 29, 2018

Hi there, as a new user of Confluence can anyone tell me please how I can send emails to my confluence spaces. That is, I want to record that email as for example a page in one of my spaces. Many thanks, Steve

2 answers

2 votes
Hendrik Winter September 20, 2020

Hi @Steve Hastings ,

since sending emails is a recurring topic and there are already several forum posts and tickets, we took the effort to collect all available information about this in a single blog post. You can find the blog post here.

Short version:
There was very limited build-in support for Confluence Server versions 4.0 or lower.

The mailto.wiki plugin is the way to go if you’re using Confluence Cloud, Server or DC. (Disclaimer: I’m one of the developers)

The mailto.wiki plugin offers a broad range of features:

• You’re able to persist a huge amount of emails, like mailboxes, newsletters, mailing groups, and conversations.

• You’re able to persist automated reports. For example, if you generate Jira reports weekly, you can persist them in Confluence with our plugin.

• You have very precise control over which Spaces or Pages emails should be published under.

• Send Pages, Posts, and Comments via email.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers

Hendrik

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2018

Steven,

Please checkout SendEMailTo Page plugin.

Victor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events