selecting text on the first non-header row of a table causes sorting

cedoucette February 16, 2021

I am trying to use a table that someone else created.

It's now enclosed in an expandable/collapsible wrapper.

The first row of the table are headers, so ever column header is sortable by clicking on the column header.

I tried to select (and then copy) the value of the first column in the second row, but when I clicked on it, it immediately sorted the rows (as if I clicked on the column header) rather than selecting the text. The second data row (and subsequent rows) are selectable as text (not sortable).

Is this a bug or a user error? More importantly, what can I do to make the first data row not sort when I click on a value in that row?

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

Hi @cedoucette 

I can confirm, that I can reproduce this behaviour. I don't think this is a bug.

A workaround would be, to go to the edit mode and copy it from there.

Regards, Dominic

cedoucette February 17, 2021

I'm glad you can reproduce it.

I don't understand your suggestion.

I assumed if the first column of the second row had at least header-row turned off (and perhaps header-column off too), then the text should just be normal text, and not trigger sorting.

Are you saying every time I want to copy the text I have to start editing the page?

That doesn't sound like a good solution. This really seems like a bug to me.

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Hi @cedoucette 

Yes, I'm saying that you should go to the edit mode to copy the header of the table.

I'm not aware of any other workaround. 

If you don't agree, try to contact the atlassian support and raise a ticket: 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Regards, Dominic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events