cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search for epic

Kevin Ostheimer November 24, 2022

Hello together

I want to find all EPIC tickts in my JIRA. I'm trying something like this:

project = myproject AND reporter = currentUser() ORDER BY created DESC AND type == epic

This is not working. There should be at least some EPICS which I have created.

How can I alter the search request?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2022

Hi @Kevin Ostheimer , with JQL you can't have any query functions after the Order by. So try this...

project = myproject AND reporter = currentUser() and type = epic ORDER BY created DESC
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2022

@Kevin Ostheimer 

Welcome to the community.

Also, use only one "=" between "type" and "epic" (which @Jack Brickey did correct in his suggestion).

And, note that you said you wanted to find "all epics" but your criteria is actually limiting the epics to those in the one project (myproject) and that are assigned to the currentUser(). That will not get you "all" epics". Do you really want all epics or do you really want only the epics that are assigned to the user accessing the query and in the one specified project?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events