scheduledjob.desc.summaryemail

Brian Hostetter May 10, 2012

So today, I realized our email was not configured in confluence, so I made that work. And then at 1pm, everyone in the entire company gets an email from confluence with todays updates.

Is this the job that caused it? scheduledjob.desc.summaryemail? Any way to tell if that is a system generated job or did a user create that?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2012

Hi Brian,

From your last comment it sounds like you're hitting this issue - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25213 - suggested fix is to upgrade to Confluence 4.2.2 as it was fixed in that release (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+4.2.2+Release+Notes)

Hope that helps?

Andrew.

Perfect that looks like it should solve it. Our helpdesk was not happy with me today. Thanks!

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2012

Thanks, Andrew!

Sorry for getting you in trouble with your helpdesk, Brian. We also got schooled by Atlassian IT when we accidentally shipped this bug to our internal Confluence instance. :-)

Don't worry, the developer responsible has been made to hang his head in shame.

1 vote
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2012
You're running Confluence 4.2 I expect. The weekly email is sent to registered users on Thursdays at 1pm to provide an insight into popular content in your wiki. This is a new feature for 4.2. You can turn it off, or make it daily I understand, but you can't change the day or time as far as I can see. The admin screens provide you with access to these settings.

Is that the correct job to disable? Yes, that is exactly what happened, but our problem is confluence is tied to our active directory install through LDAP. So we have 50 real users of confluence, but 500 got an email about it today.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events