same png-filenames on one page

Marius Rees May 15, 2023

Hello,

on my confluence page I summarize the results of multiple simulation runs (in total 20). These results are summarized in pictures (.png), so each picture looks a little bit different. Let's say picture 1 is called "result_1.png", which is named exactly the same and available for each of the 20 simulation runs.

So when I drag for example this "result_1.png" of all 20 simulations on one confluence page, at the end it only shows one picture for all 20, although 20 different should be displayed. This is probably because Confluence only takes one of the pictures as they are all named in the same way.

Rename all the pictures will take too much time, especially manually.. therefore I wanted to ask if there is a better solution?

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Confluence treats the file name as the unique identifier for it, so when you upload several files with the same name, it treats each one as a version of the same file.

You will need to rename the files if you want to attach them as different files rather than versions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events