rendering web pages in confluence

We are wondering if there is a way to render a web page from another site (like System Center Operations Manager) in a page on confluence.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Lance

3 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer Community Champion Sep 15, 2014

If you get the Content Formatting Macros one of the macros included is an iframe macro, which will let you do this. There is also the built-in HTML include macro, but it is not very good as it does not bring in the styles and JavaScript.

Ok thanks Davin.    I have a question perhaps you might know the answer.

The page URL that we want to render requires a Active Directory login.  How would we provide a login to Operations Manager for the URL being render?

Davin Studer Community Champion Sep 16, 2014

You would just point the iframe to the login page for Ops Manger.

Hi Lance,

you can try write your own user macro via Velocity. There you can use iframe or something like this for create a view of your page smile

User macros can write admins in admin console, there is a User Macro a there you can create a new one.

Something like this:

#param URL:title=URL|required=true

<iframe src="#paramURL" width="90%" height="90%">
</iframe>

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

62 views 3 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you