Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

removing attachments altogether

Hi,

When trying to migrate to the Cloud from self hosted confluence, I received the following for one of the Space:

"Failed to read 74 attachment(s). Check the Confluence log file for more details."

I believe these attachment are no longer exist/lost after I have backup and restore in previous versions.

How can I going about to bypass or remove these attachment references altogether for the migration to work for this space.

Regards,

Josh.

2 answers

0 votes

The "fix" that should really be done is to put the files back where they were removed from.  I would be worried about a backup that loses files!

If you don't want them any more, then you could just put stubs in place for the files (a simple text file with a short string in it saying that the original file has been lost for example), that would stop the errors causing problems.

The other option would be to dig through the database, removing the references in the attachments table to those files.

The issue I am having is that the log file wont tell me which attachments failed to migrate. Any ideas why the log wont give me those details?

When I've seen this in the past, the log has told me what page they were attached to, but if you are not getting anything out, then you might have to do this by force.  Read the whole attachments table in the database and check for the physical existence of every file it says is attached.

The only positive I have is this failure to migrate is only happening with 1 space. So I am hoping the database has well defined space-attachment table references. 

It's not, it's a list of attachments only, with references back to the pages they are attached to.

Im having the exact same issue with 9 attachments that failed to migrate. 

The problem is I cant seem to find the spaces and pages where those files are supposed to be. Do you know how to find the name and location of the attachments? I went into the Space and deleted the attachments I thought were the issue but they were not. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

⚡️NEW Group for Confluence Cloud Admins

Calling all Confluence Cloud Admins!  We created a new Community Group to support your unique needs as Confluence admins. This is a group where you can ask questions, access resou...

137 views 2 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you