Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

redirect users to a personal page within a space

Deleted user October 30, 2016

I have a space which is intended to be accessed by clients.  This contains a list of pages for each client. I don't want each client to see the space homepage as it contains a list of all clients.  I want them at login to be directed to their own client page.  Is this possible?

I'm trying to avoid having a space for each client.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user November 8, 2016

Thanks again, Nic, that will work well if I can find out how to run a user macro specific to one user at logon.  That is, when someone from company XYZ logs on, the user macro GoToXYZ is run automatically.  Any ideas?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2016

I'm not sure.  You'd need something to parse their user details to work out their company from something in $action.remoteUser  (I assume it's part of the email address for the user?).

Then it'll need to embed a redirect, which is out of my skill range (I don't do javascript beyond reading it and saying "ugh")

0 votes
Deleted user November 8, 2016

I've got the user macro working to redirect to the right page, all I need now is to figure out how to run a specific user macro when a specific user logs on.  Any ideas?  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2016

Macros are part of pages, not logins.

The only way I think this is going to work without changing the core code is to change the Confluence dashboard setting from "dashboard" to "specific home page" and make it land on a page that includes your macro.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2016

There's no function for that in Confluence, but I suspect you might be able to write a "user macro" that will look at who the user is and issue a "redirect" to the correct page

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events