cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your session has expired" when saving a new page

Stefan Küsters August 15, 2011

Hello,

on of my team members has a problem since since a couple of days:

She tries to create a new page in Confluence and every time she saves it she gets this error:

“The following error(s) occurred:
    Your session has expired. You may need to re-submit the form or reload the page.”

After that there is no way she can save the page.

Does somebody have a recommendation what to do?

Regards

Stefan Küsters

8 answers

1 vote
Marilyn Daum July 10, 2015

I got the same session expired message repeatedly, trying set a favourite for a page.  Changing the URL to use the IP address for the Confluence server did enable me to set that favorite.  Thanks to Peter for the tip.

1 vote
FLopez April 24, 2014

Any comments from Atlassian about this issue?

1 vote
Yannick R. November 27, 2013

This error happens on our confluence instance too.

However on our side we are able to create and save pages. The message appear when we are saving (Either new page or not) and we just need to click on the save button again and it works.

I'll look the solution of Grigory Chernyshev but it does not seems to be related.

Thanks,

0 votes
NicoDeluxe June 16, 2015

I hate this issue!!!!!! Please fix it men!

martinnobis July 15, 2018

Excuse me, that is sexist.

0 votes
Peter Shiner [BOSsAWDs] January 29, 2015

I have recent run into this with one person on one page in our enterprise environment.  By having the person use IP numbers in the URL he was able to edit and save the page.

0 votes
Dave Furlani April 27, 2014

A work around for this is to access the confluence server by it's IP.

If you're using HTTPS then this means that you'll see a certificate warning each time you reopen your browser, which is far less annoying than not being able to save edits almost every time.

0 votes
Dave Furlani December 16, 2013

This is easily the most frustrating issue ever in Confluence, if not of all time. Sometimes it will allow a save, most times though it simply will not save. A sometimes possible work around is to make a small change quickly then save. If you have to make a large change, this approach is very time consuming and may result in a page with some changes made before the bug won't allow another change to be saved. It makes me want to puch a kitten in the face.

It's not related to a page or user specifically, more so it's related to the content that has been added tothe page, or the way the change was made. Deleting never causes an issue, pasting, using Ctrl-B to bold, adding certain macros like tips or info seem to trigger Confluence refusing to save.

Sometimes we're lucky enough for an auto save to be made available when coming back into the page to retry the edit, however that seems to have disappeared since upgrading recenty, although the problem remains.

0 votes
grundic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2011
Stefan Küsters August 16, 2011

After rebooting the computer adding a page now works. I will try the XSRF-hint next time this happens.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events