• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"This page is taking longer to load than usual"

Hi,

We are having a problem related to this error message: "This page is taking longer to load than usual. Give it a few moments, then try refreshing. Still having issues? Contact your Confluence admin."

The Collaborative Editing also seems to have some issues as an error message pops-up when opening that feature: "Something went wrong. Please try again."

Also, other steps from this guide were tried but still no success https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/unable-to-edit-any-pages-in-confluence-6-x-due-to-collaborative-editing-867362716.html

Any ideas, please?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Lucian,

What version of Confluence is this on? Our environment has an issue that impacts us every now and then where Synchrony (the collaborative editing service) doesn’t start correctly/in the right order and any attempt to edit a page results in this error. It’s a race condition during application startup and on the version we’re on, no known fix, the workaround is to restart confluence until it works. Unsure if this is any relationship to your issue, but felt worth mentioning.

CCM

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the input. I've tried the restart Confluence already twice, but maybe a 3rd time might help.

Confluence version 6.9.1

Cheers 

Third time is a charm - right?

If this is the issue you're having, it sometimes takes  6 or 7 restarts to get ours happy.

FYI - https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/plugins-failing-to-start-due-to-plugin-has-an-extra-copy-of-atlassian-spring-scanner-annotation-classes-959299076.html is the KB article we were directed to by support when we had this issue.

CCM

We have a bingo after 4th time!!

Actually, I would have abandoned after the 3rd time, but "it sometimes takes  6 or 7 restarts to get ours happy" kinda motivated me :)

Thanks

0 votes
Sid Community Leader Dec 28, 2018

Hi Lucian,

I have similar issue in the past.This may because a corruption of the plugins cache or some other system plugins disabled, causing dependency errors

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-reset-all-confluence-plugins-back-to-their-default-state-through-the-database-859509873.html.

After trying this if you still have issue post the logs. 

We see this issue on some confluence pages, but it does work for some browsers. Anyone run into this? 

Usually, if people clear their cache, it works; sometimes it doesn't.

Hi @Wade Sturman 

I was opening a page in Wiki, I captured how much time It took around 40-45 sec to load the wiki page.

Sometimes, I face this slowness. Not always. 

And sometimes I get this.

504 Gateway Time-out

nginx

Could you please guide me on how to fix this issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

342 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you