Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Search and Link" functionality in Confluence Cloud?

Spencer Marlow September 18, 2022

As I add new pages to my Confluence Space, is there any way I can run a search across all already existing pages to find every instance of a particular text string where I would want to create a link to my new page - and create that link with a single click?

Exactly like the classic "Search and Replace" functionality, but "Search and Link" instead.

For example, I have created many pages which refer to the acronym "MQL" (Marketing Qualified Lead). I have now created a page which explains in detail what "MQL" means, how they are generated, measured etc

I would like to do a "search and link" across all my existing pages so that everywhere that the text "MQL" exists, it gets linked to my new page. 

Is this possible?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

Hi @Spencer Marlow and welcome to the community

Short answer, unfortunately, is no. You can't do that. :/ 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Spencer Marlow September 19, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ - many thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I will feed this back to Atlassian as a feature suggestion.

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ quick follow up - I've been looking around the Atlassian website and I can't find a "Product suggestions" area. DO you know where this might be located? Thanks !

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

terrific thank you. Have submitted

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2022

Kindly mark my answer as accepted, in order to help others. Thank you!

Done - thanks again

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events