Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Save for later"

Dan Courtney January 4, 2016

Why? Please change it back to Favourites!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Artur J
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2016

Hi Dan,

Accordingly to our documentation, the 'Favorites' title has changed to 'Save for Later' in the latest Cloud releases.

This is now used to save pages that you do not have time to review at that specific moment,

"Saving pages for later helps you access them quickly from the dashboard or from your profile.

No time to read that page now?  No problem, hit Save for later and it'll be waiting for you on the dashboard when you have more time.   It's also a great place to store those pages that you use on a day to day basis.

Save for later was previously called Favourites."

Aaron Carlson March 23, 2017

This new name is horrible.

Like # people like this
3 votes
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2016

Perhaps calling it 'bookmarks' would be more neutral and address both use cases.

Abhay Patil August 18, 2017

One can't fathom why such an intuitive industry standard nomenclature, that has instant recall of it's meaning, was changed to somethng so confusing. I had to search documentation to figure that "save for later" is nothing but "favourite". BTW, the macro that lists them is still called "Favourite pages"! 

Like # people like this
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2020

I'm guessing it unfolded like this...

Atlassian executive dropped the ball because they didn't read some critical document when they were supposed to.

Executive: "Confluence needs a way for me to flag the documents I need to read, make it happen ASAP!"

Developer: "Hmm, looks like what the Favorites feature does already. If we just rename it then we don't have to do any work."

Project Manager: "Win/win!"

Actual clients over the years: *cumulatively waste hundreds of hours of time trying to comprehend this change and still don't get it after reluctantly accepting it*

Like # people like this
Moshe Armel February 26, 2023

"Bookmarked pages" or "Starred pages", but not "Saved for later"! Saved for later is just one out of many use-cases for flagging, starring, or bookmarking pages.  

1 vote
Jason Perry December 9, 2020

Like others, I just had to Google what the hell "Save for later" meant.  I can guarantee that this won't become a UI pattern anytime soon!

0 votes
Alexi Vanderstraeten May 18, 2021

The situation gets stupider when you call those pages using a macro, you have to use the macro...wait for it...Favorite pages!

Then it displays "Favorite Pages" as title and the saved pages underneath.

I like Confluence but it often hurts my soul working with it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events