Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Oops - an error has occured": Confluence not working any more. PDO Sqlite Problem (php5-sqlite)?

Sebastian Buckpesch January 20, 2013

Hi,

out of a sudden my Confluence is not working any more. I already checked the DB Access Data as I found solutions for a problem in LazyReference.java:152. The DB Access is correct, so this can't be the problem. What I did is I installed the "php5-sqlite" package. After that this Error message appears, when I enter my Confluence Url.

Any proposals, what could be wrong here?

Thanks a lot,
Sebastian

logo System Error

A system error has occurred — our apologies!

For immediate troubleshooting, consult our knowledge base for a solution.

If you would like to receive support from Atlassian's support team, ask your Confluence administrator to create a support issue on Atlassian's support system with the following information:

1. a description of your problem and what you were doing at the time it occurred
  2. a copy of the error and system information found below
  3. a copy of the application logs (if possible).

Your Confluence administrator can use the support request form to create a support ticket which will include this information.

We will respond as promptly as possible.
Thank you!

Return to site homepage…

The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved from the container. Therefore very limited information is available in this error report.
The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.NullPointerException

Cause

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:152)

caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager.getComponent(ContainerManager.java:33)

Stack Trace:[hide]

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:152)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.get(LazyReference.java:115)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.ConfluenceEncodingFilter.getGlobalSettings(ConfluenceEncodingFilter.java:45)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.ConfluenceEncodingFilter.getEncodingInternal(ConfluenceEncodingFilter.java:35)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.ConfluenceEncodingFilter.getEncoding(ConfluenceEncodingFilter.java:27)
	at com.atlassian.core.filters.encoding.AbstractEncodingFilter.doFilter(AbstractEncodingFilter.java:38)
	at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:31)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
	at com.atlassian.core.filters.HeaderSanitisingFilter.doFilter(HeaderSanitisingFilter.java:44)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.servlet.FourOhFourErrorLoggingFilter.doFilter(FourOhFourErrorLoggingFilter.java:65)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager.getComponent(ContainerManager.java:33)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.util.LazyComponentReference$Accessor.get(LazyComponentReference.java:44)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.Lazy$Strong.create(Lazy.java:88)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$Sync.run(LazyReference.java:326)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:146)
	... 24 more

Referer URL

Unknown

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Amalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

Are you using SQLite for Confluence? For your information, Confluence is only compatible with MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and HSQLDB (this one for evaluation purposes).

If you are using SQLite for other applications, please check the atlassian-confluence.log in the Home Directory or catalina.out log in the Installation Directory for any clues regarding this.

Sebastian Buckpesch January 21, 2013

Hi Amalia,

thanks for your quick answer. Actually I still use mysql for confluence. I did not change anything in the confluence settings, but out of a sudden this error occured. I attached an exceprt of both log files (atlassian-confluence.log) and (catalina.out.txt). I can't find the specific problem in there... :-(

Do you have any idea what could be the problem here?

Thanks a lot, Sebastian.

Amalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

I think it would be great if you could attach a full atlassian-confluence.log here :) the Null Pointer Exception does not explain anything. Usually the root cause of the error comes before that :)

couldn't attach the full file anyhow... I hosted it on my server: http://www.app-arena.com/de/files/temp/2013_01_atlassian_answers/atlassian-confluence.log.txt

Amalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

Sebastian, I have checked the log but it includes all the NullPointerExceptions (I suspect you tried to refresh the browser every time). I would recommend you to stop Confluence, clear plugin cache and then start Confluence. See if this fixes the issue. Otherwise, see the log and search for "build #" (which is the last restart that you did) and see if there is anythign useful after the restart. attach the recent log here or go over to https://support.atlassian.com/ to receive our support :)

Thank you. This solved my problem. :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events