"Mark as read" feature

Ezana Ceman January 18, 2023

Hi there. I wanted to see if anyone knows of a way to implement a "Mark as read" function within a wiki page. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Ezana Ceman ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

You can create a task, associate to a specific user https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/confluence-evaluator-resources/confluence-how-do-i-create-a-task

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_

Thank you for your response. I am aware of the in-line comment & assigning features however, what I'm asking about is if there is a way to implement a button on the top of each page called "Read" or anything along those lines where a user can individually mark pages as read so that they know what they reviewed already.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Ezana Ceman 

You can try to use Forge/Connect to create your own app and deploy it on your instance, or search the marketplace for an app which does exactly what you ask (I'm not familiar with one to be honest). But as Fabio implied from his answer, this can't be done out of the box. You can try this app https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222969/comala-read-confirmations?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Like Ezana Ceman likes this

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_Thank you for the recommendations. I will definitely check out the app you mentioned!

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2023

Nice! Kindly accept then Fabio's answer as accepted in order to help others to find the proper solution to similar questions. Thank you!

Like # people like this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2023

Hey @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ,

I hope that the best way to report your comment in a separated answer so that @Ezana Ceman can accept your answer. It is more simple to read the answer itself and not each single comment within.

You're great!

Like Ezana Ceman likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events