"Like" button for Confluence 3.3.1

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2012

Is the "Like" button for Confluence 4.2 available for Confluence 3.3.1 ?

It says on that page:

The functionality is provided by a plugin called the 'Confluence Like Plugin'

but I couldn't find such a plugin on Atlassian's Plugin Exchange.

We plan to upgrade in distance future but we want this feature NOW! :)

We prefer not to use other 3rd party solutions to implement the "Like" button since their data probably won't be compatible with the 'Confluence Like Plugin', hence we will lose all the "Liked" data when we upgrade to 4.2.

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2012

It is a plugin but that is available only in 4.2. Since it is a plugin, you can disable/enable at will and that is one reason why it was made as a plugin. But that doesn't make it available for lower versions, atleast for now!

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2012

Thanks Jobin. Do you knowwwhere is the 'Confluence Like Plugin' home page?

Someone make that plugin backward compatible for Confluence 3.x please please plese!

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2012

I don't think every system plugin has a home page. I could be wrong abt this one! Someone from Atlassian can confirm ;)

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2013

Hey Royce, this plugin does not have a home page and not listed under our https://marketplace.atlassian.com/, just FYI

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2013

Hi Royce,

i would rather use the time to prepare the migration to Confluence 4 or 5 than doing a lot of customization in your quite old Confluence instance.

Also I don't think, that watching a page is identical to like a page. A page watched by a lot of people might be popular (in the meaning of 'like'), but maybe not all of the people who would click on the "like" button want to be informed about changes on the page.

Just my opinion.

Cheers

Thomas

0 votes
Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2012

Now I think about it, the "Like" feature I am looking for is almost identical to the existing "Watch" feature.

If I rename "Watch" to "Like" and "Stop Watching" to "Unlike", that would serve the same purpose for me.

There is a macro posted in the forum: http://forums.atlassian.com/message.jspa?messageID=257362632 which uses the comments as Likes, but I think using Watch is more elegant.

Now how can I put the "Watch" & "Stop Watching" (options under the Tools menu) onto every single page, and rename them to "Like" and "Unlike"? Any idea?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events