"Include Page" macro appears to be buggy?

Matt Barta August 12, 2019

I have a document with a "Status" macro on it, using the provided colors available in confluence (Because for some reason you're not allowed to change those) I in this example have chosen purple to indicate "Initiation" 

Now, when the main page that has the "Include Page" macro on it is displayed the color changes from purple, to grey.... thus removing the needed effect of a status... 

This only seems to be true for purple turning to grey, as I've deleted and re-added the change and effect several times. Red/green/blue all convey correctly... 

Is there an alternative to "Include Page" that doesn't have this bug or issue? 
failpic.PNG

2 answers

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

Hello Matt,

Thank you for bringing this up to us. Purple is a new color for the status macro, so it was not an available option in the old editor's version of the status macro.

For this reason, when it's referred to on a page which is still on the old editor, it displays as grey.

As a workaround, I would recommend either:

1. Change the color from purple to blue, which was on both versions of the macro.
  2. Convert the old editor pages to new editor pages, either by individually re-creating them or by contacting Cloud Support. There, you can request your instance be converted to the new editor fully. Once this is done, when you go to edit a page that is on the old editor, it will be automatically converted at that time.

Here's a comparison of all the colors available in both the old and new editor:

New editor:

new-editor-include-excerpt.png

Old editor:

old-editor-excerpt.png

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Matt Barta September 3, 2019

Hmm interesting. How did I end up in the "Old Editor" pages? I just created these not more than 3 - 4 weeks ago and don't recall, and still don't see an option to chose between and old and new editor page?

So to be clear, I need to contact support to have them convert the page, otherwise start over?

Matt Barta September 3, 2019

Unless you're talking about this? Which I can assure you, I've never used. 

oldeditor.PNG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2019

Matt,

As we are rolling out the new editor, some templates still use the old editor, and some use the new editor. The Blank Page template you are showing me is only one of those templates which could be using the old editor still. On my instance, the template that just says "Blank page - start with a blank page" (seen below) is still using the old editor.

So it's likely that by creating a normal blank page or using one of the other template types, you created a page using the old editor. 

You can re-create each page individually with the new editor. On mine, that option looks like this. It could differ for your instance.

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 12.30.51.png

When you create a new blank page, then you can copy and paste the data from the page in Confluence that is using the old editor. It will require you to do a great deal amount of re-formatting, due to the difference between the editors.

Alternatively, you can contact Support as you mentioned, and they can set your entire instance to use only templates on the new editor.

Note: This doesn't change existing pages. If you need to change existing pages to the new editor after Support has made this change, then you will need to go in and manually edit each page and it will switch over to the new editor. It will attempt to convert whichever macros it is able, but be aware that some macros have been discontinued in the new editor.

I hope that's clear, but do let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Matt Barta September 10, 2019

Alright thanks for the detail, I have submitted a support request as you've mentioned. Not sure if it's already being addressed but from a user standpoint when you're building not all of this is clear and seems a bit odd to muddy the waters with different and or deprecated page building templates? 

Thanks for the help!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 11, 2019

Thank you for confirming, Matt. I appreciate the feedback.

There's also an ongoing discussion about the new editor if you're interested in joining it. The Product Manager is there as well so you can feel free to share feedback there too.

Regards,

Shannon

Matt Barta September 20, 2019

As a follow up, I've been advised by your support team that updating the page is NOT an option. And that I'll have to remake the entire thing, which in fact means my entire confluence site as that page in question is the top page for everything else...

Henrik Holhjem March 27, 2020

Hi @Shannon S, this is unfortunately still an issue.

I am using Confluence Cloud. When creating a new blank page (new type) named Test and adding a couple of statuses everything looks good:

image.png

Then I add a new blank page (new type) named Test2, adding a couple of statuses, then  including the first page named Test:

image.png

Now the statuses on the included page looks old :( Looks like the include page macro gives the included page an old look. I have also noticed this for tables with custom header colors.

Is this getting fixed? Should I submit a request? Or am I missing something? :)

Like Clayton Ketner likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2020

Hi Henrik,

Thank you for reporting this. It looks like a slightly different but related issue. In Matt's case, they just noticed that purple was a new color where on the old editor it was showing in grey.

In your case, both the included page and the page containing the include macro are on the new editor, is that right? It sounds like that could be a bug, so I recommend raising a ticket with Cloud Support if you're the administrator of a standard plan, or as a new question here on Community so we can investigate.

Take care,

Shannon

Henrik Holhjem March 30, 2020

Thanks for your reply. Ticket created JST-563208 :)

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2020

Hi Henrik,

Thank you for the follow-up! I'll be watching that case.

Take care,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 31, 2020

Hi Henrik,

I see from the support case that you've run into the following the bug:

• CONFCLOUD-66520 Include Page macro ignores width setting and displays content in old editor style

The bug is currently open as we are still gathering information on the scope and a fix. As soon as there is more detailed information, you'll be able to follow along there. I see you've commented on the case, so that means you'll automatically receive updates in the future as a watcher.

Thank you for reporting that, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Henrik Holhjem likes this
0 votes
V Chin August 20, 2021

I googled "Include macro bug" and my issue is similar to this one except...

1. whenever i use the macro, the font/sizes/appearance are messed up
  2. there's no way to edit the display.  ie.  decrease the font size or appearance
  3. I have to refer people the original site/page because the "copy" is ugly
  4. Also, not everything on the original page shows up on the "include" macro page
  5. I'm not sure if it's because i'm "including" an "old" page onto a "new" page

Please help.  TIA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events