"Forgot Password?" page in confluence sends link to itself

When a user cannot access their account, there is the "Forgot Password" link on the bottom. When that link is clicked and the username entered, it will send an email to the email address of the user. 

For the system I am working with, the link contained by the email is a link back to the "Forgot Password" page.

Why isn't it sending a link to a password reset page? Is there a way I can change this?

It is the latest version of Confluence, not connected with any sort of AD or LDAP.  

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Did you figure this out? This happenes to my confluence as well.

Are you using Lotus Notes by chance?

I am using Lotus Notes yes. It has worked earlier, but it seems to have stoppet working after we upgraded to a newer version (5.5.6,). Is there a solution for this? By the way, this: "Your activity is currently limited because you've commented, answered or asked a question 1 times in the past 24 hours. These limits apply until you earn 3 points, then you can ask, answer and comment as much as you like." is very annoying!

I did end up solving this. I'll have to take a look back at some of my old work to remember what I did. I'll post an updated answer in the next few days, hopefully.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Kian,

In this case I advise you to raise a ticket on support.atlassian.com as it we will need a investigation to find out what is happening.

We will be happy in assist you on that.

Cheers,

Henrique Freitas

Is there a URL that confluence can hit to change the password for a user?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

382 views 3 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you