cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Forgot Password?" page in confluence sends link to itself

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2015

When a user cannot access their account, there is the "Forgot Password" link on the bottom. When that link is clicked and the username entered, it will send an email to the email address of the user. 

For the system I am working with, the link contained by the email is a link back to the "Forgot Password" page.

Why isn't it sending a link to a password reset page? Is there a way I can change this?

It is the latest version of Confluence, not connected with any sort of AD or LDAP.  

2 answers

1 vote
Lene Talhaug December 10, 2015

Did you figure this out? This happenes to my confluence as well.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2015

Are you using Lotus Notes by chance?

Lene Talhaug December 11, 2015

Yes. It worked earlier, but it stoppet working after we upgraded to version 5.5.6

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2015

I did end up solving this. I'll have to take a look back at some of my old work to remember what I did. I'll post an updated answer in the next few days, hopefully.

0 votes
Henrique Freitas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2015

Hi Kian,

In this case I advise you to raise a ticket on support.atlassian.com as it we will need a investigation to find out what is happening.

We will be happy in assist you on that.

Cheers,

Henrique Freitas

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2015

Is there a URL that confluence can hit to change the password for a user?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events