Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Click here to Submit ticket" option on Confluence page

MeechP June 4, 2020

We use Confluence as a database for employees to reference with any questions they have about the company's policies, processes and updates. I am looking for an option to have a link within our Confluence pages for employees to click that will open up a JIRA ticket to a department depending on who would answer the question and containing specific fields, based on the needs of the employee. 

For Example - on our page that provides our company policy on requesting office supplies, I am hoping to have something on that page that says "Click here to submit an office supply request," which will open up a JIRA ticket to the HR department with the following fields for the employee to fill out: 

Item Requested
Item Price
Where to Ship
Date needed by

I researched and found something that might work which includes a 3-step process (run macro, CLI macro, reference) that appears to include coding and other steps I am not qualified to do, so I wasn't able to try it out  :) From my research, it looks like others might be interested in a similar feature, so I am wondering if this is in the works, or if it is way too complicated to have a one-click option for this amount of functionality.

Thank you! 
Michelle

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2020

Check out Confluence's Issue Collector feature. I think it may do what you're after.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events