priority in task reports

Paul Wijnen July 8, 2020

We use in our team task reports to report and organize work that is not linked to Jira projects. This works great as in confluence project environment you can note tasks anywhere and you group em on one page. Big downside is that i can not find a way to filter on priority. Only date, user of page where it is mentioned. filtering on task name for example would already help me allot, is there anyone who has an idea?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2020

Hi @Paul Wijnen

We can recommend to try our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

Wrap your Task Report macro into the Table Filter macro and use different types of filters for every required column. For example, you'll be able to filter by assignee (dropdown filter), due dates (date range filter) and description (free text filter).

Standard Task Report:

Paul 1.pngTask Report&Table Filter:Paul 2.pngFiltering by assignee:Paul 3.pngFiltering by description (priority):Paul 4.pngNote that our filter works with statuses and recognizes their text successfully.

Paul Wijnen July 13, 2020

Thanks Katerina,

I was not aware that you can use this combination, we work like this now and we getting nearer, what is still missing is an sort function on description or on a filtered list, or am i missing something and is this possible?

Use case: workpackages that are planned in an order how they should be executed.The assignee and due dates are not sufficient, therefore our idea was to use a number in the description and sort on the numbering on alphabetic order (numeric order). but i cant find how.

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2020

Hi @Paul Wijnen ,

The Description field is an unsortable one in Confluence, so it will be a little tricky to sort it.

At first, wrap the Task Report macro in the Table Transformer macro (no changes in the settings required). Now all the fields are sortable.

Then wrap both macros in the Table Filter macro where your filters are set.

Paul 5.pngThe second step is to add the default sorting to your Table Filter macro.

Paul 6.pngPaul 7.pngAs you can see, now our sorting works just fine. 

Like Leeann Urban likes this
Paul Wijnen July 13, 2020

If you were close i would fetch a delux cup of coffee for ya,

Thanks allot. it works. I will show of internally with your knowledge haha. again thanks.

Like # people like this
Leeann Urban February 9, 2023

Hi! How did you add in the priority options? HIGH, MEDIUM and LOW? 

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2023

Hi, use the standard Confluence Status macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events