possiblity for how to extract confluence data in a readable format.

Mounika S July 16, 2024

possibility for how to extract confluence data in a readable format.

Example. The confluence extract that i take now is a zip format and we won't be able to read them 

Is  there any other api or option to get the details of confluence as seperate pages, so after upload to ilm. If user downloads, they should be able to read the pages or docs

1 answer

0 votes
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2024

Hi @Mounika S 

Can you be more specific? 

Based on your question... Confluence can export data as HTML, XML, PDFs, Word... there are apps that can make much better PDFs, export to markdown...

I guess the issue here is extracting - uploading to ILM (not sure about the specifics of that) - and the subsequent download/readability of the page by end users.

If you want to run the Confluence export file thru another services, we're on a the content migration ground and that's a whole new level of complexity.

You can export individual pages as docs/pdfs (and other formats) and make them available elsewhere.

But I guess you could do this via API - connecting two environments - extracting the pages from Confluence and processing them (and making them available) in your target environment. For example, there's an app that allows you to publish confluence pages to Zendesk. So you'd have to do smth similar on the API level.

Mounika S July 17, 2024

Hi klima,

I am exporting spaces and downloading the zip file. Then, I upload that zip file to ILM. However, when users download it, they see it as an XML file which they can't read. I want users to be able to read it. 

Rest API  or Any other option to get the details of confluence as separate pages

Thanks,

Mounika

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events