po.atlassian.net -- legit domain?

morgan.everson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 25, 2024

Hi everyone,

A member of my organization recently received an email from po.atlassian.net. Immediately, this strikes me as a phishing email of some variety, as research has lead me to believe the following Atlassian domains are legit:

• e.atlassian.com
  • am.atlassian.com
  • [company name].atlassian.net

But po.atlassian.net is not.

I have quarantined the email and have it sitting in purgatory until I decide what to do with this domain. The user did not interact with it beyond reporting it, and as such, I do not know the scope of it's intent/potential damage.

Has anyone received a legitimate communication from Atlassian regarding this domain, or has any way to confirm it's a genuine domain?

I wanted to check with the community and, if this is not a legit domain, spread awareness of a phishing scam underway.

Thank you kindly, and have a great day.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2024

Hi,

The po.atlassian.net is a legit address.  This specific domain is only used by the Platform Experiences team.  If you or your organization has signed up for an EAP (early access program), such as by following the steps below:

Platform Experiences are being launched in beta and are offered as an early access program. 

To opt in to early access:

1. Go to your site's *Administration* at admin.atlassian.com. If you're an admin for multiple sites or an organization admin, click the site's name and URL to open the Administration for that site.

2. Go to *Settings* from the top of the page.

3. Select *Platform Experiences* on the left-side menu.

4. Select the “Sign up now” button and follow the prompts on the screen.

You can learn more about Platform Experiences, what they have to offer, and which features aren't available yet in this article: https://support.atlassian.com/platform-experiences/docs/participating-in-the-platform-experiences-early-access-program/

Then yes, it is possible you could received mail from the address of po.atlassian.net

Please note that there is no public website associated with that URL, but the subdomain/domain are legit from and operated by Atlassian.  Typically for a customer to sign-up on the atlassian.net domain, all subdomains have a minimum requirement of at least 3 characters.   In this case the 'po' site is an internal exception (only 2 characters) to that rule that other site sign-ups cannot by-pass.

More information on the Platform Experiences that can be opted-in to over on https://support.atlassian.com/platform-experiences/docs/participating-in-the-platform-experiences-early-access-program/

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2024

Hi @morgan.everson welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Good call to quarantine the email. This cloud site is no longer available now. You can safely delete the email.

morgan.everson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 25, 2024

Thank you for both the welcome and information, Dave!

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2024

Thanks to click the green "Accept answer" button if my answer helped you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events