plugin menu issue

aipune@bmc.com July 20, 2011

Hi,

we have upgraded from confluencde 3.3.3 to 3.5.4. After upgarde when i check confluene admin console i do not see the plugin repository and plugin manager menu.Its just missing from the list of menu.Is there anything i need to enable once i am done with upgarde or something specific to 3.5.x that i need to tune?Please let us know the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak.

3 answers

1 vote
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2011

The Plugin Manager in Confluence is, in itself, a plugin. If it fails to initialise properly during Confluence's start-up, then the links it provides may be missing from the administation console.

Check the Confluence logs to see if there are any errors during start-up. See our Working with Confluence Logs documentation guide.

0 votes
HuseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2011

Joseph was right. Most likely, Universal Plugin Manager (the new plugin manager in 3.4.x onwards) failed to initialise properly upon startup due to this known issue. You should still be able to access the old plugin manager by direct accessing it at http://confluence-path/admin/viewplugins.action. If UPM turned out to be disabled (which most likely is the case), then you just need to enable it to make the link appear in Admin Console as normal.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2011

Ouch, could you not capitalise every word? It makes it VERY hard to read.

You need to check your permissions first - do you have all the admin rights? Next, check the list of plugins to see if any are disabled because of loading errors.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events