plugin menu issue

Hi,

we have upgraded from confluencde 3.3.3 to 3.5.4. After upgarde when i check confluene admin console i do not see the plugin repository and plugin manager menu.Its just missing from the list of menu.Is there anything i need to enable once i am done with upgarde or something specific to 3.5.x that i need to tune?Please let us know the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Clark Atlassian Team Jul 20, 2011

The Plugin Manager in Confluence is, in itself, a plugin. If it fails to initialise properly during Confluence's start-up, then the links it provides may be missing from the administation console.

Check the Confluence logs to see if there are any errors during start-up. See our Working with Confluence Logs documentation guide.

Ouch, could you not capitalise every word? It makes it VERY hard to read.

You need to check your permissions first - do you have all the admin rights? Next, check the list of plugins to see if any are disabled because of loading errors.

Joseph was right. Most likely, Universal Plugin Manager (the new plugin manager in 3.4.x onwards) failed to initialise properly upon startup due to this known issue. You should still be able to access the old plugin manager by direct accessing it at http://confluence-path/admin/viewplugins.action. If UPM turned out to be disabled (which most likely is the case), then you just need to enable it to make the link appear in Admin Console as normal.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

496 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you