Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plantuml app diagram always shows broken icon on page

Ward Van Heddeghem July 15, 2020

I've just installed the "PlantUML Diagrams for Confluence". for our  cloud confluence to test drive it (new setup, no other apps installed so far).

Problem: I can create a diagram when inserting a /plantuml macro, and it renders correctly in the plantuml editing popup.
However, when clicking "Save" in the popup to go back to the page, only a broken icon is shown. Same when  publishing the page. See the screenshot below.

Question: How should I troubleshoot this?

Some background on what I have already done

I've used confluence (and plantuml in confluence) extensively and successfully before, but it's my first eperience with adminstration of confluence (installing marketplace apps myself etc). I am trying to get plantuml working on a new instance I will be administering. I am a site-admin group member.

What I already tried/did:

• The apps documentation (https://stratusaddons.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/48000618047-introduction) didn't help me.
  • The app's license is trial but valid (until sept 2020).
  • I don't see any app settings or configuration page.
  • In chrome's developer tools, I see the below console error when loading the page. I don't see it on pages that don't have the plantuml macro. Related?
    "Error while parsing the 'sandbox' attribute: 'allow-storage-access-by-user-activation' is an invalid sandbox flag.
  • I checked my atlassian group membership (under https://admin.atlassian.com/), my user account is part of the following groups: confluence-users, jira-software-users, site-admins

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 12.18.15.png

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 12.27.41.png

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 12.29.28.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ward Van Heddeghem July 27, 2020

It seems to be a 3rth party cookie blocking issue. I worked around it by allow 3rd party cookies for the atlassian.net site

cookie.png

Boris Jockov _Stratus Add-ons_ July 28, 2020

The underlying issue seems to be using cookies to authenticate request for loading the image.
So I can confirm the supplied workaround is the correct one.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events