placekeeping when switching to edit mode

MB February 12, 2021

When switching to edit mode, the cursor moves back to the top of the page. When will it be  possible to start edit mode on the exact spot in the page? In other words, when I am 3 km south in the page, switching to edit mode takes me back to Start, and I have to start scrolling a long distance, to find that area in the page again. It's timeconsuming and irritating. The anwer is to leave the page in edit mode all the time, but that is no good. 

1 answer

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

@MBConfluence Cloud does not support staying in the same location.

MB February 12, 2021

thanks... that would mean to stay in edit mode all the time, if you want to avoid this nuisance. Other than that, another question has now been created:

When you are talking about Confluence Cloud is that something else than Confluence? In other words, is there a version of Confluence that runs on a different platform, where edit mode does not have this type of behavior?

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

There are different versions of Confluence: Server (deprecated), Data Center, and Cloud.

The editors can differ between versions.  However, if you are on Cloud, you are stuck with the editor Atlassian provides.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events