phantom link?

Confluence is creating a link on a page where no link has been added in "edit". This only appears to be happening when capital letters are used.

1 answer

That sounds like CamelCase linking is turned on. That means words with capitals in them (as the “C”s are in “CamelCase”) are interpreted as titles of pages, and a link is automatically made to it.

If you don’t like it, you should be able to turn it off in the Administrative Console.

Cedric, might you be able to give me more details on the process of disabling CamelCase linking? My team is unable to find this option in our Administarative Console.

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Apr 12, 2012

What version of Confluence are you using? The UI for altering CamelCase linking was removed in Confluence 4.

version 4.1.7-studio-3.

Is there another possible way to fix this problem?

Hi SC,

You'll need to file a support request referencing this AAC issue.

The support engineer should be able to disable this setting for you directly in the database, but this will involve a Confluence restart. Please also include a window of time where we can perform the restart.

Thanks for the answers everyone

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

97 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you