permissions to only work in 1 project

Steven Starling August 29, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing project roles

I want to create users where they can only work in certain projects. Is there an easy way to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2016

Add them as usual, and then remove whatever it is that grants them access to other projects (this is often the "can log in" group, jira-users, being used in permissions and roles)

Thanks Nic, I added the users like you suggested. I'll wait to see what happens. Thanks again for the quick response.

Nic, when I removed the Jira-users, they lost access to the JIRA application. Though.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2016

Sorry for the delay., email flakiness

My answer was very unclear when I re-read it.  I meant remove the access from the project, not remove the users from the group.

What's happening here is (probably)

• Permission scheme says "Role: Users" can see the project
  • In the project, the group jira-users is in the role of users
  • In global permissions, the group jira-users is used to say "these people can log in"

Net effect - anyone who can log in can use the project.  To fix it, don't change the membership of the group, but remove it from the project role, replacing it with either individual users, and/or other groups

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events