Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

permissions on global templates

kristin whitaker August 15, 2022

Good Morning!     I have an issue that I can't quite figure out.    I created a global template and I have it added to all of our spaces through a button.     The end user, who is also the space admin,     gets a "sorry, you don't have permissions to create content".    I double checked his permissions for the space and the page.      I thought global templates can be used anywhere.     

Can you tell me what else I should check?    

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2022

Hi @kristin whitaker

according to this page:

I am wondering if the user could be missing the following permission:

Add

User can add new pages, blogs, comments, or attachments in your space. You can assign "Add" permissions individually by content type. If assigned, the user can also edit all of that content type in your space, except when restricted from doing so on individual pages.

I seem to have understood they are "Admin" - but probably do not have the permission to create a page.

Admin

User can administer the space, which includes the ability to pass on admin permissions to other users.

In case you could provide some screenshots it could help to better understand what you are seeing.

Regards,
Daniel

kristin whitaker August 16, 2022

Hi Daniel,

I think it's a bug.    Here are my screenshots though if you have any ideas.   

I have a space set up for a user - who is the admin for that space.  These are his permissions on the space.  As you can see, I gave full admin rights to that space.   

permissions1.jpg

In this space,  there is a page that contains a button to create a page using a global template.    

Globalusecase.jpg

When the user selects this,   he gets this error:

buttonerror.jpg

I looked at his permissions (shown above).  I also looked at the page restrictions.   They are set to "Anyone can view and edit"

There is not an option on the button for permissions and the global templates are supposed to be global so I'm a little stumped.  

I did just open a case because I think it's a bug but wanted to answer your questions because if you come up with something that I should check, I'd rather solve sooner than later.    

I appreciate your help!   

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2022

That is strange because it is visible the maximum amount of permissions were granted by you. I would not think you did something wrong - it should just work!

kristinbne August 17, 2022

okay!  thanks for the confirmation!   I was second guessing myself on whether maybe I did something wrong.   

The support team is looking into it.    I just hope it's fixed sooner rather than later or I have a whole lot of updates to do.  Yikes LOL 

Kelsey McDowell September 14, 2022

Any corrections on the bug? This is happening in our instance as well!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events