page history: published field with date and time

Ingmar Vack April 29, 2020

Hi there,

is there a way to have the date values of the 'Published' field on the 'Page History' page always showing date and time? This question is not about changing/setting the general date format but to have the time information for all history entries.

The published date values on the history page currently read like this:
- Yesterday at 2:35 PM
- Apr 26, 2020
- Apr 25, 2020

and it would be very helpful to have them like this:
- Yesterday at 2:35 PM
- Apr 26, 2020 at 3:16 PM
- Apr 25, 2020 at 11:45 AM

or even better, in the sense of perfect:
- Apr 25, 2020 at 4:44 PM
- Apr 26, 2020 at 3:16 PM
- Apr 25, 2020 at 11:45 AM

Thank you in advance and best regards, Ingmar

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2022

Hello everyone,

We currently have a feature request to include a timestamp in the Page History, so please add your votes and comments to help get some visibility on this:

Thank you for bringing this suggestion to Atlassian Community!

Take care,

Shannon

1 vote
Christoph Lechleitner January 11, 2022

Currently in the cloud the page history only shows "About an hour ago" for the last change, and only the date for older changes.

That's a joke, Atlassian continues to make their services worse.

FYI, the full "Page Information" does contain a frame "Recent Changes" with date + time of the last 5 commits.

Ingmar Vack January 12, 2022

Thank you for your note!
The full "Page Information" frame "Recent Changes" with its maximum of 5 recent dates does look clear and lucid and is therefore quick and easy to overlook (goes easy on the eyes):

Jan 12, 2022 09:57
Jan 05, 2022 13:11
Jan 05, 2022 10:35
Jan 04, 2022 17:10
Jan 04, 2022 17:03

(where as Jan 12, 2022 09:57 is just ten seconds away!)

So it is possible though - or is this the bug according to Atlassian?
Which product owner at Atlassian exactly might be that mighty poetry-slam fan, I ask myself?
By the way, I personally would 'prefer' "Almost about a tiny first hour ago" over "About an hour ago" ...

Like # people like this
Christoph Lechleitner January 12, 2022

Maybe we shouldn't tell them, they might remove the time from the "Recent Changes" list too.

I don't mind "x hours ago" but I always want the time, with seconds precision rather than just minute precision. I know seconds precision can bring in ambiguity because of the remote calls, network latencies, and database transaction involved, but still.

Like Bernd Winter likes this
0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2020

General configuration -> Change Date Format

Datumsformat.png

Ingmar Vack April 30, 2020

Thank you repi, but as I already foresaw it in my question:
"This question is not about changing/setting the general date format but to have the time information for all history entries".
I do not want the change the Date Time Format which is fine and correct (just like yours).
Instead, I like to see the time of day in all entries of the 'Page History'.
BR, Ingmar

matthias August 31, 2021

Hi @Ingmar Vack 

Have you been able to resolve this? I have the same problem. I need to see the date and time in the "Page History".

Thanks, Matthias

matthias August 31, 2021

For the moment, I will go with @repi 's answer and hack the time into the "Date Format" such that the "Page History" will show the time...

Ingmar Vack August 31, 2021

Hello @matthias 

sadly I have not been able to resolve the issue of setting a uniform date format (like MMM dd, yyyy HH:mm) for all entries, including the entries of recently changed page versions.
I also did change the 'Date Format' as proposed by @repi, but it still reads quite mixed like this:

CURRENT (v. 121)    7 minutes ago
v. 120                      Yesterday at 12:34 PM
v. 119                      Aug 23, 2021 16:19

Best regards, Ingmar

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS