Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

osuer to atlassian-user migration issue

aarnetadmin April 3, 2014

I'm trying to move out legacy 3.4.9 confluence osuser config over to atlassian-user, so I can bring the whole suite up to date. I'm following https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF34/Migrating+to+new+User+Management- as we had previous issues dealing with this migration, we've had to leave it untill now.

I require that the local groups keep intact, however when I run osuser2atluser.jsp as per spec I get the following for all my users:

Could not migrate goup membership for user <foo> and group <confluence-users>. Group is readonly, it is possibly a LDAP group.

The migration claims to be successful, but when I log in as an admin user I have no rights, and my sysadmin user has no confluence-admin rights.

(Confluence users also exists as an ldap group for legacy reasons.)

Any hints?

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2014

Hi Rob, have you checked whether the group confluence-users exist in your LDAP? It seems that Confluence identified this group in your LDAP, but doesn't have write permission to edit its membership.

In case it exist, you may need to temporarily rename it, or move to a different OU (out of the LDAP search scope defined in your atlassian-user.xml).

You may need to rename/move other groups if you see reference to other group names in your logs.

Cheers

robk April 13, 2014

Yes, I was able to rename the groups and do the import successfully, thanks. Trouble is, now all my pages are owned by 'unkown user' which is a bummer. I'll try skipping atluser migration on 3.4.9 and go straight to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Upgrade+to+Confluence+3.5+with+OSUser+LDAP+Authentication+Failsand see how that works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events