notify on my actions unchecked but i still get emails

Will Wilson September 6, 2016

In Confluence, I go to Settings > Email, and I see a checkbox labeled "Notify on my actions", and it is unchecked.  However, I still get emails from Confluence informing me of the changes I just made.  I like Confluence and use it a lot, but the emails are getting annoying.  I need to get the notifications when someone else edits a page, so I can't just block them all.  It seems like I have it setup to not notify of my own actions, but it still does.  Is this just a bug, or do I need to update some other setting somewhere?

Confluence_Notify-on-my-actions.png

2 answers

0 votes
Lorenzo Bueno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2016

Hello Will,

Can I ask if you've configured yourself as a watcher on the page? 

If you are, try to remove yourself as a full watcher and test editing a page/space.

Also, if you have any doubts on how to do that, follow these KBs:

If even so you still face the issue, please let me know! 

Will Wilson September 8, 2016

Lorenzo,

Thank you for your response.  Currently I am watching this page.  If I stop watching it, will I still get notifications when someone else updates the page?  Ideally, I would like to get an email when anyone besides me edits the page – is that possible?

0 votes
crochaju
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2016
Will Wilson September 8, 2016

Carlos,

Thank you for your response.  I have 2 concerns: 

1. That page says that it does not apply to Atlassian Cloud applications, which is what we have.
  2. If I follow the instructions on that page, it seems like it is going to disable ALL notifications – is that correct? (I want to get notified when someone else edits the page, but I do not want to be notified of my own edits)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events