new editor experience - no support for indenting in tables

James McLeman November 5, 2019

Hi All

Just  switched over to the new editor and found out there is no support for indenting text in a table cell.

Am I missing something here - tables are a basic structuring tool and indenting one of the most basic ways of formatting content. Is there some way to achieve this in the new editor?

thanks

James

2 answers

0 votes
James McLeman November 7, 2019

thanks for the reply, but in the new editor experience there is no way to select an indent inside a table - please let me know if I have missed it

cheers

James

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2019

James,

You're right; I tried testing the work around in the older editing experience and it only works there, but not even with the TAB button does it indent in cells in the new experience.

I found that there are plans to bring back indentation to the new editor in the form of this feature request:

As for a workaround for the new editor, the only way I was able to get text to indent was by using the SPACE key. It's not ideal, but it will enable you to indent your text until it's available in the new editor.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

marklaff September 21, 2020

It has been a while, I know, but this answer revers to  CONFCLOUD-65755 does not refer to text within a table. (And, further CONFCLOUD-65755 is closed).

I have the same need:  I have text within a table box that I need to indent. Outside of the table I would just press TAB and the text would be indented. Inside a table cell pressing TAB moves me to the next cell.

Tracy J August 25, 2021

Need this functionality too!  There is currently no way to indent text within a cell.  It's HORRIBLE!  

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2019

Hello James,

Thank you for reporting this to us. There's an existing bug for the behavior below, which I can see you've now discovered:

The workaround is to add text and then go back to the start of the text to indent it. Can you confirm that you've tested this and is it working for you?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events