• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

new editor experience - no support for indenting in tables

Hi All

Just  switched over to the new editor and found out there is no support for indenting text in a table cell.

Am I missing something here - tables are a basic structuring tool and indenting one of the most basic ways of formatting content. Is there some way to achieve this in the new editor?

thanks

James

2 answers

0 votes

Hello James,

Thank you for reporting this to us. There's an existing bug for the behavior below, which I can see you've now discovered:

The workaround is to add text and then go back to the start of the text to indent it. Can you confirm that you've tested this and is it working for you?

Regards,

Shannon

thanks for the reply, but in the new editor experience there is no way to select an indent inside a table - please let me know if I have missed it

cheers

James

James,

You're right; I tried testing the work around in the older editing experience and it only works there, but not even with the TAB button does it indent in cells in the new experience.

I found that there are plans to bring back indentation to the new editor in the form of this feature request:

As for a workaround for the new editor, the only way I was able to get text to indent was by using the SPACE key. It's not ideal, but it will enable you to indent your text until it's available in the new editor.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

It has been a while, I know, but this answer revers to  CONFCLOUD-65755 does not refer to text within a table. (And, further CONFCLOUD-65755 is closed).

I have the same need:  I have text within a table box that I need to indent. Outside of the table I would just press TAB and the text would be indented. Inside a table cell pressing TAB moves me to the next cell.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

480 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you