mysql case insensitivity

Ernst van der Heijden August 11, 2015

Hi, are there any issues with confluence when MySQL Server is running case insensitive?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2015

Hi Ernst!

As described on one of our documents on best practices for MySQL connection within Confluence, as you can see here, we recommend setting up the database using case-sensitive collation. Using any other collation or charset is unsupported and may lead to problems with indexes or data storage.

Cheers!

--
Joao

Ernst van der Heijden August 11, 2015

Hi thanks for your answer. Confluence is now installed on a case insensitive server, is there a way to convert the database to case sensitive?

Ernst van der Heijden August 12, 2015

I have another MySQL server but when I create the database, it creates it automatically with utf_general_ci collation. Is this OK? I don't have access to the command line on this server to create the database.

Ernst van der Heijden August 12, 2015

never mind, i have created a new database, run a query via phpmyadmin to set the correct collation and run the confluence setup wizard again. ALTER DATABASE confluence CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events